Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-2020 Interview Trail Standouts
So last year this was nice and juicy, time to do it again! Who stood out to you on the 2019-2020 interview trail and why?
UCLA - nice residents. PD was super nice. Fun city
Pitt - high volume but PD seems strange. Residents seemed suicidal
(07-14-2020, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Pitt - high volume but PD seems strange. Residents seemed suicidal

Pitt residents seem absolutely miserable, I feel bad for them
Agree with UCLA. Barrow was also great, fun interview and residents all seemed happy to be there.
bump,
(07-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 09:45 PM)Guest Wrote: Pitt - high volume but PD seems strange. Residents seemed suicidal

I disagree. I rotated there last year. It's true they work hard and the attendings (and sometimes the chiefs) can be tough on the residents. But I felt like most of them actually loved it at Pitt and would rather be there than anywhere else. The operative training there is amazing and the residents are a very close knit group.
(07-17-2020, 09:24 AM)Guest Wrote:

I disagree. I rotated there last year. It's true they work hard and the attendings (and sometimes the chiefs) can be tough on the residents. But I felt like most of them actually loved it at Pitt and would rather be there than anywhere else. The operative training there is amazing and the residents are a very close knit group.

InB4 obligatory "ok Pitt resident"
(07-17-2020, 09:04 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:24 AM)Guest Wrote:

InB4 obligatory "ok Pitt resident"

OK, boomer.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)