Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting Pediatric Neurosurgery Salary?
Just wondering what a reasonable expectation of a starting salary would be for a pediatric neurosurgeon at an academic practice? Would having 500k as your threshold be too high or too low?
Look at state institutions. They have to report salaries. You can google salaries that way. 500k sounds a bit high for Peds academics to start.
Starting is $150K at UCSF.
Recently went through Peds job search
For me...
Academic: some ridiculously low bullshit number-400
Non academic 5-600
(09-26-2020, 12:11 AM)Guest Wrote: Recently went through Peds job search
For me...
Academic: some ridiculously low bullshit number-400
Non academic 5-600

Then you are lucky to find that...peds academic salaries are the lowest...if you found an academic place that offers 400 as a starter, then don't think it twice lol...nowadays 400 is the starting number for academics in skull base, vascular, spine...etc
The salary differences between subspecialties tend to not be as pronounced in the academic world, this is because your salary is usually set by your academic rank (associate, assistant, professor, chair) with a much smaller portion dictated by your RVUs.

Obviously much different in private practice. But finding a good pediatric private job is a whole different challenge
OP here just want to say thank you to those who contributed. I had hear ~350-400 was common, especially for high desirability locations for academic peds. Thanks for further confirmation of that.
Any idea for starting academic functional salaries? This is all very opaque.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31917313/
(09-29-2020, 04:20 PM)Guest Wrote: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31917313/

Numbers in this paper seem higher than what people were reporting above.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)