Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Invites 2020-21
(11-30-2020, 04:29 PM)Guest Wrote: If a PD invites you to visit their program/city, is it advisable to go? I know its not permitted based on SNS guidance, but if PDs are willing to flout the rule is it worth it?

How high up your rank list are they? If #1-3, definitely go. If lower, I'd rethink it.
My school just told us about AOA status last week, at this point is it useful to email programs I have not heard from with this that I got in or just keep it as updates for those I have heard from?
(11-30-2020, 08:15 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 04:29 PM)Guest Wrote: If a PD invites you to visit their program/city, is it advisable to go? I know its not permitted based on SNS guidance, but if PDs are willing to flout the rule is it worth it?

How high up your rank list are they? If #1-3, definitely go. If lower, I'd rethink it.

Not OP, but was considering visiting my #3 (with #1 and 2 in similar geographic area) but am hesitant because I don't want to be "locked in" at #3 if word gets to #1 and #2. Not sure if that's a thing.
How the fuck do y'all already have #1-3 locked up? Interviews aren't even a quarter over
(11-30-2020, 11:32 PM)Guest Wrote: How the fuck do y'all already have #1-3 locked up? Interviews aren't even a quarter over
Maybe they already interviewed at like 3 of the top 10 programs
(12-01-2020, 12:07 AM)Guest Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 11:32 PM)Guest Wrote: How the fuck do y'all already have #1-3 locked up? Interviews aren't even a quarter over

More than half of the top 10 haven't started interviewing or even released interviews yet. Coming from someone with 20+ offers I can't even imagine making my rank list yet without seeing what every program has to offer first; one of the programs I anticipate will be at or near the top of my list isn't even until February, and even for that one I am not trying to go in with any preconceptions. But maybe I spaced my interviews out more than others or don't have ties to specific programs like others might have. Just surprised to hear people already have top choices teed up already.
(12-01-2020, 12:48 AM)Guest Wrote:

More than half of the top 10 haven't started interviewing or even released interviews yet. Coming from someone with 20+ offers I can't even imagine making my rank list yet without seeing what every program has to offer first; one of the programs I anticipate will be at or near the top of my list isn't even until February, and even for that one I am not trying to go in with any preconceptions. But maybe I spaced my interviews out more than others or don't have ties to specific programs like others might have. Just surprised to hear people already have top choices teed up already.

Do you really need to wait til February to know Barrow is going to be close to the top of your list
(12-01-2020, 01:40 AM)Guest Wrote:

Do you really need to wait til February to know Barrow is going to be close to the top of your list
Formula for NeurosurgeryHub forum:
Post 1: Earnest question
Post 2: Attempted response
Post 3: Response is dumb
Post 4-7: bickering
Post 8: BNI is awesome
Post 9: Sarcasm
Repeat cycle
(12-01-2020, 07:34 AM)Guest Wrote:

Repeat cycle

Lmaoo
(12-01-2020, 07:34 AM)Guest Wrote:

Repeat cycle

Lmao A+

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)