Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayo FL
Question 
Interviewed with Mayo FL yesterday. Seemed like a nice team although apparently 3 of their 7 residents left this year and no one even mentioned it and I didn't hear any applicants bring it up. Wasn't subtle they don't have a pgy3 or 4 either. Everyone there was acting all buddy-buddy and that everything was all good though. Does that seem normal?? Just me or is this an ultimate red flag?!
(12-06-2020, 01:05 PM)NS-203894 Wrote: Interviewed with Mayo FL yesterday. Seemed like a nice team although apparently 3 of their 7 residents left this year and no one even mentioned it and I didn't hear any applicants bring it up. Wasn't subtle they don't have a pgy3 or 4 either. Everyone there was acting all buddy-buddy and that everything was all good though. Does that seem normal?? Just me or is this an ultimate red flag?!

Pretty sketchy imo.. applicants notice this stuff, just be transparent we understand it’s a new program with growing pains
Maybe you should have had the balls to ask the leadership instead of coming here to whine on an anonymous message board.
yea bitch
Lmao dont even bother, I tried and inquired with Chaichana about the PGY3-4 during my interview and he flipped the question on me and instead asked me what I am looking for in a program lol...super sus lol.
What where people’s overall thoughts on the program? Almost seemed too good to be true based on what they told applicants during the interview day
(12-06-2020, 01:59 PM)Guest Wrote: Maybe you should have had the balls to ask the leadership instead of coming here to whine on an anonymous message board.

I would avoid any program with a mass exodus like that, especially one that does not address it up front. You shouldn't have to ask.

And instead of coming on an anonymous message board with an aggressive response, maybe you can provide us some watered-down explanation that makes the situation look a little better
(12-06-2020, 01:52 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:05 PM)NS-203894 Wrote: Interviewed with Mayo FL yesterday. Seemed like a nice team although apparently 3 of their 7 residents left this year and no one even mentioned it and I didn't hear any applicants bring it up. Wasn't subtle they don't have a pgy3 or 4 either. Everyone there was acting all buddy-buddy and that everything was all good though. Does that seem normal?? Just me or is this an ultimate red flag?!

Pretty sketchy imo.. applicants notice this stuff, just be transparent we understand it’s a new program with growing pains

When the chair changed, the culture of the program changed to reflect where they trained. No longer the great Mayo culture that was promised. One intern transferred to another nsg program. The other transferred to Ortho. They were able to back fill those spots, but can't imagine it's a good place to be if you want to be happy.
(12-07-2020, 01:02 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:52 PM)Guest Wrote:

When the chair changed, the culture of the program changed to reflect where they trained. No longer the great Mayo culture that was promised. One intern transferred to another nsg program. The other transferred to Ortho. They were able to back fill those spots, but can't imagine it's a good place to be if you want to be happy.

Are you implying Dr. Q changed the culture for the worse? I find that difficult to believe
PGY3 here. First I’d say the culture of a program is influenced by far more than just the chair, and a lot is out of their control. I don’t buy into rumors, stereotypes, etc, but the fact that they’ve lost at least 3-4 people over the last couple years is a clear indicator that something is off

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)