Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MGH
Overall a light subinternahip without much responsibility and low case volume, often with multiple medical students in the same OR. Call responsibility mostly involves shadowing a resident and staying up not doing much - very few opportunities to stand out.
Pros: Boston is pleasant and the location of the hospital is great, despite being expensive. Residents are nice and laid back, overall very nice to be around. Subi has teaching sessions for students although many are canceled. Good for basic science research. Cafeteria is above average.
Cons: Chair is leaving this year and position is being advertised, so uncertainty as to whom will take his place. Program director not really invested or interested. Very low clinical volume across the board, most cases at least double scrubbed. Almost no vascular. Very little spine, and almost no complex spine. Lots of attendings don't let the residents do more than open and close which leaves very little for Subi to do.
Can I just assume if you don't have a PhD you're not going to match here, regardless of Sub-I?
(05-07-2017, 01:35 PM)Guest Wrote: Can I just assume if you don't have a PhD you're not going to match here, regardless of Sub-I?

Unless you go to HMS or have a productive research year under your belt, then yes.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)