Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Sinai sub-i 2016/2017
It's interesting that there are such dramatic contrast between those 2/3 accounts. If the latter 2 positive ones are valid opinions of students who were there, I have to assume the discrepancy comes from the difference in the posters baseline experience... what one person calls "tremendous operative experience" may be valid based on their comparison to what they know. But it seems that operative comfort level and experience of residents around the country is DRAMATICALLY variable. It would be most valuable for students to rotate at programs on the opposite ends of this spectrum to get a sense for just how different their training could potentially be.

On a separate point, some students are just very "glass if half full" and sometimes naive regarding most aspects of a program, while others are certainly out there are very judgmental of issues and quick to criticize. Always pays to read these reviews with a grain of salt, this thread has definitely reminded me of that.
Only suspicious thing here is a sub-I recap being posted in May.  
Connotes non-matched status and maximal grievances.  Most people I know that have rotated at Sinai had a great experience.  My 2 cents at least.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)