Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville implosion
House of Horrors. I witnessed it first hand.
Like what? What did you see ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-24-2021, 06:42 AM)Guest Wrote: How is everyone still talking about this place?

Why not? This place seems like a shit show.
Residents operate unsupervised, make to work 90+ hours relatively routinely, all night call then all day or unsupervised and then or next day. House of horror indeed, STAY AWAY
I don't have a horse in the race but this is how I see it.

There are very few excellent neurosurgery programs, there are lots of good programs, and fortunately there are very few bad programs.

Louisville has fallen into the bad category now for more than 10years and apparently the current chairman has not been able to change that.

The difference between a truly outstanding program and a terrible program is the program leadership and the faculty and residents the leadership recruits. Louisville might be a bad program because the leadership is bad and the people they have recruited are bad, or the faculty inherited by the new leadership is bad. Hence the firing of the vascular attending.

Yes Louisville graduates neurosurgeons, likely just not very good ones. Best advise is to try your best to train at an excellent or good program. This program will have no trouble finding less competitive applicants to fill their rosters. A program with a roster full of IMGs is not a good program. Competitive applicants are competitive and they usually end up at excellent and good programs.
(02-25-2021, 06:26 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't have a horse in the race but this is how I see it.

There are very few excellent neurosurgery programs, there are lots of good programs, and fortunately there are very few bad programs.

Louisville has fallen into the bad category now for more than 10years and apparently the current chairman has not been able to change that.

The difference between a truly outstanding program and a terrible program is the program leadership and the faculty and residents the leadership recruits. Louisville might be a bad program because the leadership is bad and the people they have recruited are bad, or the faculty inherited by the new leadership is bad. Hence the firing of the vascular attending.

Yes Louisville graduates neurosurgeons, likely just not very good ones. Best advise is to try your best to train at an excellent or good program. This program will have no trouble finding less competitive applicants to fill their rosters. A program with a roster full of IMGs is not a good program. Competitive applicants are competitive and they usually end up at excellent and good programs.

Which would you consider the handful of excellent programs?
(02-25-2021, 07:48 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 06:26 PM)Guest Wrote: I don't have a horse in the race but this is how I see it.

That's a lot of words for "I didn't get into neurosurgery"
(02-25-2021, 08:20 PM)Guest Wrote:

Sometimes I too like to sit around in my mom’s basement and debate shit I know nothing about. Really gives me a rush. Excellent way to spend my time. Also, seems like a great way to protect the integrity of the match.
This thread is just obnoxious. It’s not a perfect program, but at least have the facts before you maliciously elaborate upon tiny little crumbs of facts and end up looking hilariously ridiculous.
No attendings have been fired, and every resident who was fired was (in my personal opinion) absolutely a giant walking facepalm.
Top notch job, misinformed gossip guys, keep it up. Hope you match somewhere sometime soon. Xoxo ❤️
(02-25-2021, 09:56 PM)Guest Wrote:

Sometimes I too like to sit around in my mom’s basement and debate shit I know nothing about. Really gives me a rush. Excellent way to spend my time. Also, seems like a great way to protect the integrity of the match.
This thread is just obnoxious. It’s not a perfect program, but at least have the facts before you maliciously elaborate upon tiny little crumbs of facts and end up looking hilariously ridiculous.
No attendings have been fired, and every resident who was fired was (in my personal opinion) absolutely a giant walking facepalm.
Top notch job, misinformed gossip guys, keep it up. Hope you match somewhere sometime soon. Xoxo ❤️

While this thread is not 100% true, it is not false, same as all the threads here. It is good to know at least for me because I did not get this from the interview, and they were not completely honest about what happened or is happening at the program. I ranked it lower thanks to this thread.
(02-25-2021, 10:21 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 09:56 PM)Guest Wrote:

While this thread is not 100% true, it is not false, same as all the threads here. It is good to know at least for me because I did not get this from the interview, and they were not completely honest about what happened or is happening at the program. I ranked it lower thanks to this thread.

You’re an idiot if random “guest” comments sway your personal experience.  “Oh look there’s something written by someone somewhere that heard something from someone, better take that into consideration” said no one of consequence

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)