Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Zoom Encounters
Alrighty, the interview season is winding down. Let's hear the weirdest experiences people have had. 

Attending gaffes, resident slips, PA/NP input, neurologist interviews, it's all fair game. Good luck to all this cycle!
This has the potential to be the greatest thread on neurosurgery hub
Definitely the 4+ people all interviewing you at once during a 15 minute time block, and either one of them completely running the conversation or all of them trying to get a word in edgewise and thus preventing any real connections

More positively, seeing people's pets was kind of fun
15 minute "interview" with a neurologist who didn't realize her zoom screen was frozen and read from a script robotically describing the nsgy program.
Time ran out without me uttering a single sentence.
I was told to read the whole website before every interview and never to ask a question that can be answered online, but a lot of program presentations that are part of the interview have covered a bunch of details easily available there
attendings talking about the person they just interviewed off mute > watching gamestop rising
(01-31-2021, 11:48 PM)Guest Wrote: attendings talking about the person they just interviewed off mute > watching gamestop rising

"I just don't get the sense that he would work well with people" – group of attendings at a tippy top institution talking about the last applicant just as I roll in lol woof
(01-31-2021, 11:48 PM)Guest Wrote: attendings talking about the person they just interviewed off mute > watching gamestop rising

totally happened to me too. "well his board scores are high...  *looks up* oh shoot the next applicant is here, she's in the zoom everyone"
can totally relate

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)