Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Impressive / Least Impressive
Let's hear people's thoughts regarding this year. Most impressive and least impressive programs through this cycle.
I think Cornell deserves props for the structure of their interview this year. For those of us with a research background I feel like I got the fairest shake at that program and had great conversations all around with their faculty.
Really wanted to like GTown more but the interview day was a mess. All standardized questions, the same in every room, something like 12-15 min per interview, barely got to ask questions or get to know the program. We even had to use their standardized backgrounds to make it more egalitarian. Applicants are ppl too and we want to determine fit. Their fit seemed to be "we don't care about you as a person." Very oldschool. A couple faculty did their best within the parameters to make it more casual, but the day was a bust
(01-28-2021, 11:00 AM)Guest Wrote: Really wanted to like GTown more but the interview day was a mess. All standardized questions, the same in every room, something like 12-15 min per interview, barely got to ask questions or get to know the program. We even had to use their standardized backgrounds to make it more egalitarian. Applicants are ppl too and we want to determine fit. Their fit seemed to be "we don't care about you as a person." Very oldschool. A couple faculty did their best within the parameters to make it more casual, but the day was a bust

I totally agreed. What was the expectation with those same questions. Do I repeat the same answers? After the 2-3 interviews, it got so awkward. ?‍♀️
(01-28-2021, 11:32 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 11:00 AM)Guest Wrote: Really wanted to like GTown more but the interview day was a mess. All standardized questions, the same in every room, something like 12-15 min per interview, barely got to ask questions or get to know the program. We even had to use their standardized backgrounds to make it more egalitarian. Applicants are ppl too and we want to determine fit. Their fit seemed to be "we don't care about you as a person." Very oldschool. A couple faculty did their best within the parameters to make it more casual, but the day was a bust

I totally agreed. What was the expectation with those same questions. Do I repeat the same answers? After the 2-3 interviews, it got so awkward. ?‍♀️

It felt like one of their faculty had read about the benefits of "standardized interview" and proceeded to miss the point entirely
I really enjoyed my Vanderbilt interview
Also loved Vanderbilt. Emory's technology usage was very messy.
Some interviews at Sinai were like 5 min long. I get it, you have 4 home ppl applying but srsly
I think I learned more in 15 minutes with Guthrie at UAB than I did after eight weeks of sub-is
Least impressive, UCSF

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)