Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSPE at P/F schools
Do MSPE comments become important if your school has P/F clinical grades?

Add on if your school does not publish rank/adjectives and does not participate in AOA...
No.

^ I can't post a message shorter than five characters so BNI rules
Are they never important?
Yeah I’m not understanding in the above case what would be used to evaluate clinical performance.
(03-15-2021, 01:21 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah I’m not understanding in the above case what would be used to evaluate clinical performance.

Hm, maybe just honors in sub-i's, and more importantly good letters of rec from sub-i's, including aways? So many metrics are quickly going out the window
(03-15-2021, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 01:21 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah I’m not understanding in the above case what would be used to evaluate clinical performance.

Hm, maybe just honors in sub-i's, and more importantly good letters of rec from sub-i's, including aways? So many metrics are quickly going out the window

With one away that’s not very useful
(03-15-2021, 03:43 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:39 PM)Guest Wrote:

With one away that’s not very useful

The reality is that medical school evaluations today are completely useless, no school is willing to print anything negative about their students. Even students that Pass or High Pass a rotation have glowing comments on par with students who earn Honors. As a result, students who previously would have been deterred from entering our field by their home program receive no negative feedback, and are supported entering the match. Now with P/F Step 1, this will further compound the problem. We will rely more heavily on LORs and phone calls to residents/faculty at your home program, which likely will be more biased than quantitative metrics.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)