Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Superstar Applicants
Who were some stand out applicants this cycle? What made them superb candidates? If we want to avoid name-dropping, did any programs match really well this year?
Love my intern class. All amazing, awesome people
Michigan got two absolute studs this year, really happy for them
this is so dumb. anyone who matched is a superstar.
This is clearly one particular person hoping that their name will get mentioned so that they can get attention.

The neurosurgery version of hs vaguebooking.
(03-22-2021, 05:15 PM)Guest Wrote: this is so dumb. anyone who matched is a superstar.

(03-22-2021, 05:29 PM)Guest Wrote: This is clearly one particular person hoping that their name will get mentioned so that they can get attention.

Agreed. I liked many of the people I met on the trail. Some matched at top places and some matched at lesser known places, some matched at their first choice and some fell down, hell some great people didn't match. I'm not into comparisons like this.
(03-22-2021, 06:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 05:15 PM)Guest Wrote: this is so dumb. anyone who matched is a superstar.

(03-22-2021, 05:29 PM)Guest Wrote: This is clearly one particular person hoping that their name will get mentioned so that they can get attention.

Agreed. I liked many of the people I met on the trail. Some matched at top places and some matched at lesser known places, some matched at their first choice and some fell down, hell some great people didn't match. I'm not into comparisons like this.

seriously. on top of all of this, it's ridiculous in any pgy-0 career to label anyone a superstar. 

huge congrats to everyone who matched anywhere. these programs are accredited because all can give you the *potential* to be a superstar. 

I feel insanely lucky for my match and am thrilled with my co-residents. But commiserate with the bittersweetness - there were a couple of places this year I felt equally excited about, and it might be a little before I stop wondering what would have happened if I ranked differently. It was tougher to parse out 'fit' vibes without sub-i's, and I think many relied too heavily on rankings. Here's to hoping our new colleagues are happy with their matches too!
Anyone who matched into neurosurgery is a superstar, and those who didn’t are also superstars , better luck next year.
OP hella gay.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)