Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGY4 openings for next academic year?
I'm a current PGY3 in good standing, just unimpressed by my program and location. Does anybody know of any PGY4 openings starting in July?
Louisville fired a PGY3 mid-year
Check out the thread “ Louisville implosion”, not sure you want to transfer there
(03-24-2021, 10:46 AM)Guest Wrote: I'm a current PGY3 in good standing, just unimpressed by my program and location. Does anybody know of any PGY4 openings starting in July?

thats not a good reason to leave your program. huge red flag . huge.
(03-24-2021, 10:46 AM)Guest Wrote: I'm a current PGY3 in good standing, just unimpressed by my program and location. Does anybody know of any PGY4 openings starting in July?

You’ve put the hardest years in, paid your dues. You’ll have faculty who are invested in you at this point, particularly in the OR. You might not find that elsewhere as a stranger. What’s so bad about your program?
(03-24-2021, 02:52 PM)Guest Wrote:

Is it really such a red flag, if your spouse tells you weekly how much they cannot stand the nowhere town you've moved them to?
(03-25-2021, 09:20 AM)Guest Wrote:

Is it really such a red flag, if your spouse tells you weekly how much they cannot stand the nowhere town you've moved them to?

More of a red flag on the spouse who's making you feel guilty about your career when they knew what they were getting into

should have gotten a prenup

This job is really tough on spouses, especially if you're not in a place they feel at home. Feel your pain. Transfers happen for this reason but they're super rare. You gotta know somebody in a place you'd rather be, and they have to be coincidentally getting rid of someone. You're almost half way through. Try to make efforts, take trips when you can etc. I'm kinda keeping it together on what feel like empty promises that it'll eventually get better. Good luck.
(03-25-2021, 06:36 PM)Guest Wrote:
Tell her you only got a few years left then she can pick the over priced over taxed city covered in homeless and feces for you to live in

This job is really tough on spouses, especially if you're not in a place they feel at home. Feel your pain. Transfers happen for this reason but they're super rare. You gotta know somebody in a place you'd rather be, and they have to be coincidentally getting rid of someone. You're almost half way through. Try to make efforts, take trips when you can etc. I'm kinda keeping it together on what feel like empty promises that it'll eventually get better. Good luck.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)