Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen State
Stay away from this program extremely malignant. Fired 7 resident last 5-6 years. Two in the past year. Residents hate each other, very shitty program. Home of quadruple scrub. Harbaugh is there but he is older than the dinosaurs talking about retiring soon, never operates anymore. While was there heard talks that Shelly Timmons might become the next chair. Which is warning sign. She is strong politician but sucks badly as surgeon. Made her career on ICU stuff and sucks badly in the operating room. Again stay away from this program I rotated there and could not wait for the moment to finish, very bad environment.
Very interesting
How's their pedo program?
(05-12-2017, 08:42 AM)Guest Wrote: How's their pedo program?

They have 3 peds neurosurgeon, two very difficult to operate with Dias and Iantosca chiefs never operate with them and avoid their rooms as much as they can unless they are on call and have to go there. Rizk is third peds trained but for some reason he does mostly peripheral nerve, my take on it is that volume is not that great in peds so he adventures on peripheral nerve although trained in peds down in Alabama. Did not seem that impressive for 3 peds neurosurgeon being on stuff, they even send a peds pituitary down to Hopkins while I was there, rumor was that family requested it but who knows. 

Another fact has become important, Harrisburg hospital is being taken over by pitt that will decrease volume at Hershey even more which means  worse training than what you get anyway my two cents on this matter.
The OP is the same who is posting on another thread, bashing Dr. Timmons on both threads.
Your opinion is way off base.
(05-13-2017, 04:37 PM)Guest Wrote: The OP is the same who is posting on another thread, bashing Dr. Timmons on both threads.

Let's be honest though.  Those who can, do.  Those who can't run the ICU.
(05-13-2017, 05:07 PM)Guest Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 04:37 PM)Guest Wrote: The OP is the same who is posting on another thread, bashing Dr. Timmons on both threads.

Let's be honest though.  Those who can, do.  Those who can't run the ICU.

Lots of great cerebrovascular surgeons and traumatologists have and do lead NICU's.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)