Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is UVA malignant?
My P.D. wants me to do an away rotation there. Is it a malignant program?
No     .
Close with an attending neurosurgeon who is a recent graduate of the program. Said it can be very tough and attendings can be erratic. Training is still solid and has great research output.
It's a very malignant program. Don't be a tool. Your PD has intentions of secondary gain and fostering his relationship with them. Very low volume and no variety. For research, UVA doesn't offer you more than Gamma Knife crap. My 2 cents, stay away and go somewhere else. You can simply tell your PD that dates didn't work
UVA literally invents focused ultrasound neurosurgery and this dumb fuck says they offer no research.

mother fuck this forum
UVA is a good program, and has been for a long time.
It's not as malignant as emory but at least it has a real spine program
What about emory is malignant? I havent heard that being the case.
not sure about emory being malignant, but the spine comment is true. they havent had a real spine program in a long time. all of their big name spine people left for UCSF or spine practice years ago. only go there if you want do cranial.
(05-12-2017, 05:50 PM)Guest Wrote: UVA literally invents focused ultrasound neurosurgery and this dumb fuck says they offer no research.

mother fuck this forum

You can bitch somewhere else newbie. Simply, UVA doesn't invent focused ultrasound. Having a faculty or two who are interested in focused ultrasound and collaborate with foundations doesn't mean UVA is the place of focused ultrasound. The headquarter of focused ultrasound is based in Texas. Having handful of foundations scattered across the country doesn't mean they invent ultrasound. You need to read and understand business

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)