Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo
Well-known for endovascular. How is their residency program in terms of research, volume, autonomy, culture, etc.?
Buffalo I think is a hidden gem
Case volume is tremendous
Leadership is fabulous
And research support is better than most other places
Spine department from what I hear is picking up, complex spine fellowship and robot spine, witg advance lateral techniques not many places do in the country
Also started a functional fellowship
I am a current PGY-5 (Matthew McPheeters).  Overall Buffalo is a great place to train. We are proud of our many strengths and our faculty are working hard to close the small gaps that do exist

Research
- We have a full-time medical editor and illustrator, which makes a huge difference in the getting research projects past the final stages to publication (ie. Manuscript preparation/formatting and submission). We also have three research fellows to help residents with data collection and stats.

Volume
- Everyone knows Buffalo for our Endovascular volume, but open volume is strong with 19 surgical faculty without any major gaps in the various subspecialties. To date I have logged over 1,300 cases

Autonomy
- This will vary based on your year of residency and clinical site, but overall I have had no issues with the degree of surgical autonomy and felt it to change appropriately with my level of training

Culture
- We work hard, but the residents get along well. Drs. Levy and Reynolds are very supportive of the residents, which is evident by the department building us a new expansive resident space, including our own call room, locker room/shower, and gym.
- The program is very family friendly, I myself am married and have two kids

Etc.
- This is obviously a biased review of the program, but overall I enjoy working with our faculty and am happy to be training here
- Check out our program video here: https://youtu.be/C5cKYbkWOUM
(05-05-2021, 09:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Well-known for endovascular. How is their residency program in terms of research, volume, autonomy, culture, etc.?

^^^

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)