Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some guidance
planning to apply this cycle. step 1 in low 200s, step 2 in 240s. have 6 1st author pubs in neurosurgery. took an year off for research. Grades: combination of HPs, couple of Hs and 2 passes. Not AOA. I have been getting mixed reviews from attendings regarding applying to neurosurgery. Some say its risky to apply and others say its all about LORs. Not sure wat to do? Will be doing sub Is this year.Would like to apply to some general surgery programs as a back up. But was told that chances of getting interviews in programs with dual application in the same program in very low.  Any input will be really appreciated. I am pretty firm on pursuing neurosurg.
It's risky if we are talking 200-210, you might make it you might not. General surgery dual application is wise but by all meas apply and follow your dreams.
(05-11-2017, 07:38 PM)cardboard350 Wrote: planning to apply this cycle. step 1 in low 200s, step 2 in 240s. have 6 1st author pubs in neurosurgery. took an year off for research. Grades: combination of HPs, couple of Hs and 2 passes. Not AOA. I have been getting mixed reviews from attendings regarding applying to neurosurgery. Some say its risky to apply and others say its all about LORs. Not sure wat to do? Will be doing sub Is this year.Would like to apply to some general surgery programs as a back up. But was told that chances of getting interviews in programs with dual application in the same program in very low.  Any input will be really appreciated. I am pretty firm on pursuing neurosurg.

Will you match? Unless you know someone with a time machine only one way to fine out.  (DM me for details.)

- TT

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)