Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep it professional
The recent deluge of negativity has been somewhat disconcerting.  While I encourage free speech and discourse regarding programs and issues facing our field, there is a way to do so while maintaining a professional tone.  There are a wide range of people that view these forums online from attendings to residents to college and high school students as well as the general public.  While we may be crass with one another behind the call room or office door, airing it out in a public forum simply makes us look bad.  Please keep this in mind before you post
True, thank you for that reminder.
I agree with keeping it professional.

Even so, if the kids get offended when their background or program is rightfully dinged on an internet forum they are going to struggle in real life when an attending destroys them for no reason whatsoever.

My advice to the trigged millennials out there: put on your asbestos suit, swallow your enormous ego, read Message to Garcia, and fall in line. When I interviewed for residency years ago there were many chairmen or program directors with a plaque on their wall that said "The beatings will continue until moral improves." You may not like it, but be aware that this is how the field is and will be if you want to come in to it. No amount of PBL, sensitivity training, ACGME duty hour limitations, or multi-cultiralism and gender identity awareness is going to change the fact that you will work with difficult, abrasive personalities who have absolute power over your life in neurosurgery.
(05-27-2017, 12:58 PM)Guest Wrote: I agree with keeping it professional.

Even so, if the kids get offended when their background or program is rightfully dinged on an internet forum they are going to struggle in real life when an attending destroys them for no reason whatsoever.  

My advice to the trigged millennials out there: put on your asbestos suit, swallow your enormous ego, read Message to Garcia, and fall in line.  When I interviewed for residency years ago there were many chairmen or program directors with a plaque on their wall that said "The beatings will continue until moral improves."  You may not like it, but be aware that this is how the field is and will be if you want to come in to it.  No amount of PBL, sensitivity training, ACGME duty hour limitations, or multi-cultiralism and gender identity awareness is going to change the fact that you will work with difficult, abrasive personalities who have absolute power over your life in neurosurgery.

sniff, sniff. but what about safe spaces?
The lack of respect for each other on these forums is disappointing.
Couldn't agree more
While I tend to agree, the people who are being called out by anonymous trolls are often self righteous douches to begin with.
Maybe Those Anonymous Trolls Aren’t as Anonymous As They Thought

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationa...ought/amp/
Probably should remove anonymity from this forum to bring back some decorum. Behavior on here is embarrassing given this forum is for public consumption.
agree this isn’t a call room or office it’s a public forum with patients, colleagues, and attendings

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)