Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21-22 Doximity Rankings
Thoughts on the new order?
(07-16-2021, 04:57 PM)Guest Wrote: Thoughts on the new order?

Top 10-15 are typical, no arguments. After that it's an awful list, not sure i could make it worse if i tried. Just a few examples: 

- How does Tufts have a better reputation than historic programs like UVA and Cleveland Clinic? Not saying it's a bad program, but clearly not that high. 

- They have Mayo Jacksonville, a new program that just fired 3 residents, ahead of solid, stable programs with a proven track record of great training (Stanford, vandy, OSU)

- How is Geisinger that high? Better than Case, UCSD? 

- Not having Carolinas in the top 50 is also pretty egregious, it's a very competitive program and their operative experience is second to none. 

- OHSU barely cracked the top 70

- Georgetown not in the top 100? Below their neighbors GWU who just lost their biggest attending?

I could go on forever. Basically to any applicants reading this, ignore completely.
(07-16-2021, 06:30 PM)Or  Guest Wrote:

Top 10-15 are typical, no arguments. After that it's an awful list, not sure i could make it worse if i tried. Just a few examples: 

- How does Tufts have a better reputation than historic programs like UVA and Cleveland Clinic? Not saying it's a bad program, but clearly not that high. 

- They have Mayo Jacksonville, a new program that just fired 3 residents, ahead of solid, stable programs with a proven track record of great training (Stanford, vandy, OSU)

- Not having Carolinas in the top 50 is also pretty egregious, it's a very competitive program and their operative experience is second to none. 

- Georgetown not in the top 100? Below their neighbors GWU who just lost their biggest attending?

I could go on forever. Basically to any applicants reading this, ignore completely.

Couldn’t agree more with above. I cannot begin to imagine what criteria they are using
(07-16-2021, 06:40 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 06:30 PM)Or  Guest Wrote:

Couldn’t agree more with above. I cannot begin to imagine what criteria they are using
Can someone post a more realistic list of residencies ranked from most competitive to least competitive?  "fit" is most important but how do step and research pubs play into the ranking? top 20 ranked I assume are 260+ w/ 10+ pubs?
100% with above. however, does anyone have info on mayo jackson firing 3 residents? a very curious situation, all faculty seem top-notch and have only heard good things from their gen surgery residency.
What's happened to Pitt? Outside the top 10 now
(07-17-2021, 07:40 PM)Guest Wrote: What's happened to Pitt? Outside the top 10 now

Nothing happened to Pitt. The rankings are meaningless. Anyone who has worked with graduates from more than a handful of these residencies will find that list absurdly inaccurate.
Lmfao @ these rankings. Cleveland Clinics is a T20 program easy. Also, any list that includes Louisville abs Missouri in the top 110 is meaningless.
My understanding is a lot of the weight of the rankings system has to do with physicians voting. Its such a small field that I think this accounts for some of the strange fluctuations.
This is all subjective voting. If you wanted to make this objective you would consider case volume, average graduate's H-index, and then some measure of job quality (maybe % of graduates that work at a top 50 US news hospital). Doximity won't, but i'm sure some paper would publish that.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)