Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Functional Fellowships?
Where are the best functional fellowships? 
For DBS: Toronto (Lozano), UCSF (Starr), Emory (Gross). Probably in that order - especially now that Larson is leaving.
For epilepsy: Cleveland Clinic, Jefferson - try to find a place that is ATL heavy over LITT.

The following thread is a reasonable list of people to know:
http://neurosurgeryhub.org/showthread.ph...functional
Toronto is by far the best fellowship. The other ones are also solid listed above. From personal experience, I can say UF (Foote) and Vanderbilt (Englot) are also very strong although Konrad left for WVU but they have a strong research infrastructure.
Foote is a great option - I've heard good things. I think it's too early with Englot - he's just getting going. Smart money would be on his succeeding in the long run.
Oxford.
It appears that many programs are heavy on DBS. What are the places that does more ATL/open epilepsy surgeries, cordotomies, DREZ, sympathectomies...etc over DBS/pain pumps/SCS?
(09-04-2021, 11:55 AM)Guest Wrote: It appears that many programs are heavy on DBS. What are the places that does more ATL/open epilepsy surgeries, cordotomies, DREZ, sympathectomies...etc over DBS/pain pumps/SCS?

Emory
Those that have less than stellar surgical skills go into functional.
(09-04-2021, 09:05 PM)Guest Wrote: Those that have less than stellar surgical skills go into functional.

functional is very easy and requires little iq, drills holes where the instruction label says to. good if you want an easy lifestyle with lower salary
Those that can’t operate well do functional. Also they tend to be WEIRD. Stay away from programs where the chair or PD is functional. Trust me.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)