Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diversity
Makes me sad that patients will be operated on by neurosurgeons for whom the bar was lowered.

Modern neurosurgery has never been against any demographic from entering the profession. This artificial back-end selection process to right real social wrongs which should be tackled from the get go (failure of public education, disparities in childhood health, access to resources) will understandably cause consternation among those who hold ourselves to a high standard for our patients.

Tackling these real problems takes real leadership. Changing the goal line is a farcical fix that helps no one.
This has already happened. The people neurosurgery is recruiting today would not have made the cut even ten years ago.
(08-15-2021, 10:15 AM)Guest Wrote: This has already happened. The people neurosurgery is recruiting today would not have made the cut even ten years ago.

I’m not sure this is true, my board scores and 2 publications 10 years or so ago would not have made the cut in today’s era.
None of the “fluffy” application crap should matter. Show me how good you are with your hands. Make me a piece of furniture. So many surgeons being trained today can barely use a screw drive let alone make a nice piece of furniture. Board scores and pubs can not make for not being able to wield a scalpel.
(08-15-2021, 01:31 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 10:15 AM)Guest Wrote: This has already happened. The people neurosurgery is recruiting today would not have made the cut even ten years ago.

I’m not sure this is true, my board scores and 2 publications 10 years or so ago would not have made the cut in today’s era.

Nowadays it is so easy to publish. You literally just pay to publish, and 90% of PD's don't know which journals are good and which are bad, they just count numbers. So you see guys with 30 publications on things like "race and gender orientation of surgical assistants and their effect on surgical outcome."

Board scores are increasing due to increases computer resources which makes things easier. 

Overall quality is in decline, due to affirmative action. Female residents who want to spend time with kids, and who accuse you of rape if you don't give it to them. Older NSs live in fear, PDs live in fear. One accusation can ruin your life and there are a lot of vindictive females out there. 

The future is bleak.
(08-15-2021, 07:02 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 01:31 PM)Guest Wrote:

Nowadays it is so easy to publish. You literally just pay to publish, and 90% of PD's don't know which journals are good and which are bad, they just count numbers. So you see guys with 30 publications on things like "race and gender orientation of surgical assistants and their effect on surgical outcome."

Board scores are increasing due to increases computer resources which makes things easier. 

Overall quality is in decline, due to affirmative action. Female residents who want to spend time with kids, and who accuse you of rape if you don't give it to them. Older NSs live in fear, PDs live in fear. One accusation can ruin your life and there are a lot of vindictive females out there. 

The future is bleak.

Bro u mad? Do u need to get laid?
This thread is a real embarrassment to the field of neurosurgery.
Lots of threads that are embarrassing and disgusting on here, but I won't put that on the field of neurosurgery. We all know plenty of toxic, douchey applicants that nobody wants to work with. Many of them don't match and become even more toxic. This forum is a cesspool of these idiots
(08-18-2021, 11:54 AM)Guest Wrote: Lots of threads that are embarrassing and disgusting on here, but I won't put that on the field of neurosurgery. We all know plenty of toxic, douchey applicants that nobody wants to work with. Many of them don't match and become even more toxic. This forum is a cesspool of these idiots

DO YOU THINK ITS OK FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO BE REJECTED, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WRONG SKIN COLOR? 

IS IT OK TO REJECT SOMEONE BECAUSE HE IS A MALE?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT?

SHOULD INCOMPITENT PEOPLE OPERATE ON PATIENTS BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR?

I BELEIVE THE BEST SHOULD BE GIVEN THE PRIVILIGE TO OPERATE. IS THAT OK?

(08-18-2021, 11:54 AM)Guest Wrote: Lots of threads that are embarrassing and disgusting on here, but I won't put that on the field of neurosurgery. We all know plenty of toxic, douchey applicants that nobody wants to work with. Many of them don't match and become even more toxic. This forum is a cesspool of these idiots

DO YOU THINK ITS OK FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO BE REJECTED, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WRONG SKIN COLOR? 

IS IT OK TO REJECT SOMEONE BECAUSE HE IS A MALE?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT?

SHOULD INCOMPITENT PEOPLE OPERATE ON PATIENTS BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR?

I BELEIVE THE BEST SHOULD BE GIVEN THE PRIVILIGE TO OPERATE. IS THAT OK?
(08-18-2021, 07:43 PM)CONCERNED ATTENDING Wrote: tl;dr i'm scared people will find out i only got this far because i'm a white man

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)