Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diversity
100% you are lying yourself. Too bad you lack the self-awareness to see this. 

So how the fuck are you going to determine if someone lied about publications? You have to contact the publisher to check if they accidently forgot a name (happens pretty frequently in low-impact journals). If not, you have to contact the PI to check. And even then, it is very likely that the PI is not aware of the research in his lab, so you would have to contact the other authors as well to check for lying. And oftentimes, the research was some years ago, and is part of a bigger project, so it is almost impossible to determine for sure a lie, 

So what the fuck? Do you do that every-time for every publication? If so every NS program in the country would know your name because you would be the only person doing this shit. fucker
(08-28-2021, 11:27 AM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote: 100% you are lying yourself. Too bad you lack the self-awareness to see this. 

So how the fuck are you going to determine if someone lied about publications? You have to contact the publisher to check if they accidently forgot a name (happens pretty frequently in low-impact journals). If not, you have to contact the PI to check. And even then, it is very likely that the PI is not aware of the research in his lab, so you would have to contact the other authors as well to check for lying. And oftentimes, the research was some years ago, and is part of a bigger project, so it is almost impossible to determine for sure a lie, 

So what the fuck? Do you do that every-time for every publication? If so every NS program in the country would know your name because you would be the only person doing this shit. fucker

Okay
(08-28-2021, 04:20 PM)Focus Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 11:27 AM)Harvard / Yale Neurosurgeon Wrote: 100% you are lying yourself. Too bad you lack the self-awareness to see this. 

Okay

Why don’t u answer my fucking question? How do you have time to check every pub? And do residency?

If what you are saying is true you ruined a lot of lives based on false allegations. I hope the same happens to you you fucking bastard
Nobody has that time to check for a lie, so nobody does. It also doesn’t matter whether or not you lied. Either you did or you made a major oversight (by not making sure the journal showed what you expected it to show) and expected someone else to fix your problem, neither of which are acceptable in a trainee. We don’t ruin futures by not being diligent, the applicants who report incorrect information ruin their own.
(08-28-2021, 09:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Nobody has that time to check for a lie, so nobody does. It also doesn’t matter whether or not you lied. Either you did or you made a major oversight (by not making sure the journal showed what you expected it to show) and expected someone else to fix your problem, neither of which are acceptable in a trainee. We don’t ruin futures by not being diligent, the applicants who report incorrect information ruin their own.

100% bullshit. Filth from another bastard who likes to ruin lives. 

For many smaller journals, the PI or lead investigator will submit the publication and an error can easily be made (not including names, or misspelling names, both of which have happened to me). Once published, it can be very hard to correct, especially if you had a minor role and the PI is busy. Things happen. 

So you are just going to automatically reject an applicant if they have a publication with out their name? Mind you, med school is no joke so such oversights are easy to make. Fuck off bitch.
Well, since not everywhere checks, you may as well put your name on CRASH, MISTIE, or whatever else you feel you deserve credit for. It’s up to the program to decide whether they want to do the due diligence and check, right? I personally wouldn’t list myself as an author for papers I’m not an author on. I though it was a universal truth that risking a career to get credit for some shitty chart review in a negative impact factor journal is insane, but clearly it’s not that universal…

I’m sorry to stress you out, though. Sounds like you don’t deal well with it since you talk about how easy it is to make mistakes when you’re under pressure. You should probably bring that up in interviews, lest you match with a program that exposes you to something that’s a little more intense than an elective disc.
(08-28-2021, 11:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Well, since not everywhere checks, you may as well put your name on CRASH, MISTIE, or whatever else you feel you deserve credit for. It’s up to the program to decide whether they want to do the due diligence and check, right? I personally wouldn’t list myself as an author for papers I’m not an author on. I though it was a universal truth that risking a career to get credit for some shitty chart review in a negative impact factor journal is insane, but clearly it’s not that universal…

I’m sorry to stress you out, though. Sounds like you don’t deal well with it since you talk about how easy it is to make mistakes when you’re under pressure. You should probably bring that up in interviews, lest you match with a program that exposes you to something that’s a little more intense than an elective disc.

Hey bitch I'm not even applying, my son is. I put my son's name on a bunch of papers, haha too bad for you fuckers. 

I just think its fucked that some bastard would try to comb through every fucking detail to find a mistake, and automatically assume that a single mistake--often outside the applicant's control--would automatically disqualify the applicant from performing neurosurgery. So you can be great otherwise, but if a shite pay-to-publish jounral has a technical problem and accidently deletes your name from the fucking chart review.... oh WOW, you are disqualified, you can't work under pressure, your name is reported to other PD's and you can't be a neurosurgeon, 

So how fucked is that, lots of technical problems can happen and a broken link can mean you get labeled as a cheater.
It is far more likely that your son won't match because of his malignant father and the horrible traits you passed on to him, than because of some of the things you write about on here. You lack baseline decency and any form of self-reflection, and your petty behavior on this forum makes me hope that, if your son's only half as much of a bad human being as you are, nobody in our community will have to work with him and no patients will be exposed to this behavior
I wonder how much those issues really occur. If it happens often enough, it’s best to avoid publishing in predatory journals.

Hopefully his name stays on those papers, or you got a bad deal for whatever shameful act you did to get his name on there…
Ok Guys. Simmer down here. Let us keep it cordial.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)