Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNS 2021 Abstracts
My abstract got accepted as a digital poster, I have no idea what this means. Do I have to prepare a presentation or is this literally just out on display and I'm done with my part? I'm also curious as to whether I have to attend (I'd love to obviously but I'll be on the last week of my gen surg rotation as an MS3).
(08-14-2021, 02:19 PM)aaaachooo Wrote: My abstract got accepted as a digital poster, I have no idea what this means. Do I have to prepare a presentation or is this literally just out on display and I'm done with my part? I'm also curious as to whether I have to attend (I'd love to obviously but I'll be on the last week of my gen surg rotation as an MS3).

No presentation, they will list your presentation on the website/app for people to look at if they please. Basically it becomes a spot on your CV, that's all. If you ask them they will tell you that you must attend, but all you have to do is register, no one will actually take attendance and see if you show up.
(08-14-2021, 02:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 02:19 PM)aaaachooo Wrote: My abstract got accepted as a digital poster, I have no idea what this means. Do I have to prepare a presentation or is this literally just out on display and I'm done with my part? I'm also curious as to whether I have to attend (I'd love to obviously but I'll be on the last week of my gen surg rotation as an MS3).

No presentation, they will list your presentation on the website/app for people to look at if they please. Basically it becomes a spot on your CV, that's all. If you ask them they will tell you that you must attend, but all you have to do is register, no one will actually take attendance and see if you show up.

What happens if I don't attend?
Can you pull out? If you want to pull your abstract and submit to a different meeting, can you?
Always pull it out unless you want to leave it in.
(08-16-2021, 07:20 PM)hi Guest Wrote: Always pull it out unless you want to leave it in.

Apply to my program sir
who said it is gone virtual ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are all posters digital now?
Is CNS going to be cancelled? Texas looks terrible.
Will research help someone who left a program to get back in? Or would doing a research fellowship be a waste of time?

TBH I don't think so. More pubs doesn't equal more competitive in that point. The only reason for the research is to "scratch someones back" in the hope they will "scratch yours" for a good letter/phone call and help you out. It is the established attendings reputation at stake and will take a special person to speak high for a person. Furthermore, depends on why you left - if it was professionalism or clinical skills - how will you show you have improved?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)