Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana
Format: 4 weeks at the main hospital, with campus call or main hospital call q5-7 with the pgy-4
Residents: overall good group of residents, enjoyed working with them
Pros:
-tons of NPs
-PGY2s were actually operating all day.
-Huge case volume and great autonomy
-only saw double scrubbing when appropriate (chief leading pgy- 3 through spine, etc.)
-Strong depth of faculty and Payner and Shah are amazing. Dr Jea joined recently in peds.
-Indianapolis is actually an a great city
-Plenty of interesting cases
-Take call q5-7
-Get to do a good amount in the OR
-No scut work, just came in early to round on my post-ops and pulled the occasional drain but it wasn't required
Cons:
-More for residency but you take campus call for multiple hospitals
Any idea how many med students do aways here? Also, do residents have sufficient number of cases or do they seem to fight with all the fellows for case volume?
No one fights for volume, there's plenty to go around. They usually have some of the highest numbers of medical students applying to neurosurgery in the country, so there's a lot of sub-i's from IU.
(03-06-2018, 06:55 PM)Guest Wrote: No one fights for volume, there's plenty to go around. They usually have some of the highest numbers of medical students applying to neurosurgery in the country, so there's a lot of sub-i's from IU.

I bet ACG's room is packed everyday
(03-06-2018, 11:20 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 06:55 PM)Guest Wrote: No one fights for volume, there's plenty to go around. They usually have some of the highest numbers of medical students applying to neurosurgery in the country, so there's a lot of sub-i's from IU.

I bet ACG's room is packed everyday

Yea he has 2 fellows with him at all times. Good luck doing anything but opening.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)