Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3
When to take? Did anyone knock it out between graduation and the start of intern year?
Not sure if you have enough time between graduation and intern year, takes a while for FSMB to verify your degree.

Most residents at my program take Step 3 in late June between PGY1 and PGY2. I'd talk to residents/chief and see what most people do at your program.
Yeah Agree with above, it requires your programs approval so that can be tricky. You need essentially 0 time to study so its more just the issue of logistics. I'd find out your schedule and take it during a neurology/ER/etc month. Do a few practice tests and maybe flip through a review book to pass.
Try to take it during intern year on a fluff rotation. Generally, the closer to medical school the better. There have been chiefs who hadn't taken it yet, and failed in their chief year. I took it during my 2 year, on service, didn't study, and still passed.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)