Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low step1 and 2
238 on both step 1 and step 2, should I not pursue this.
Depends. If all you are is a step score then no. If you are more than a step score then yes.
You are just a number..
Apply broadly, make sure the other aspects of ur application are up to par, and u should do fine
If you’re from a top med school and are well published then you have a shot. If you’re a PhD then you should do fine as well. If you’re from a lower tier MD school or don’t have a home program then chances are slim barring exceptional away performance.
How do you get a 238 on step 2, it’s not a hard test
Buummpp

Is step 1 score still screening tool for 2022-2023 match?
How does a junior resident get back in? My board scores are well above average matched and I have passing score for written boards.
(08-27-2021, 05:02 PM)Guest Wrote: How does a junior resident get back in?  My board scores are well above average matched and I have passing score for written boards.

It depends on the reason you left.  Show us that you want neurosurgery and that you have overcame your deficiency.  Then with luck and opportunity you may have a slight shot.  Congrats on the board scores, that helped you get in - but to stay in you need to show great clinical and soft skills.
Bump

Is step 2 gonna be a screening tool for 2022-2023 match? Any idea from residents?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)