Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many programs to apply to??
Are we just all going to apply to every program??? In my case, even though I have good stats and AOA/pubs etc then I can’t get over the fact that many kids who applied nsgy from my school did not  match last year. Can I get away with only applying like 60 places with step 270+, many pubs and good grades?? I listen to the nsgy podcast and one of the episodes a PD says all this quantitative stuff is only like 25% of the consideration which is fine but makes me feel like Everyone should apply to every single program no matter how competitive they feel I guess. Any thoughts??
Your best bet is your home program and programs in your medical schools “region”.
I don't think there's a downside to applying to every program other than the monetary component. Just accept the interviews you want and decline the others.
Apply everywhere. Literally no downside except the $. it’s an investment into your future. Leave no stone unturned.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)