Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornell Rejection Already
Damn Cornell,

Just a week and a half after submission and you're already rejecting.
wow that sucks. if u don't mind can u post stats?

(# & quality of pubs, recs, steps, etc)? Thank u so very much hope u get in somewhere
Don't want to give too much away in case of identifying info, but here is a ball-park of what I have:

Step 1 and 2: early 250s
4 pubs (1 first author), submitted another 4-5 (maybe this lower count phased me out)
Grades: 1st quartile, AOA and GHHS
Recs good (3 home, 1 away)

I've gotten 4 interviews from lower programs so far.
(10-09-2021, 03:36 PM)Guest Wrote: Don't want to give too much away in case of identifying info, but here is a ball-park of what I have:

4 pubs (1 first author), submitted another 4-5 (maybe this lower count phased me out)

i'm guessing its the low pubs. 4 pubs is shit for a research-oriented program, submitted dosen't count for much as anyone can jot down something and submit it. i hope you match somewhere, good luck bugger!
(10-09-2021, 04:08 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 03:36 PM)Guest Wrote: Don't want to give too much away in case of identifying info, but here is a ball-park of what I have:

i'm guessing its the low pubs. 4 pubs is shit for a research-oriented program, submitted dosen't count for much as anyone can jot down something and submit it. i hope you match somewhere, good luck bugger!

Similar stats but 25+ pubs. Rejected. It is what it is man don’t stress too much
(10-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 04:08 PM)Guest Wrote:

Similar stats but 25+ pubs. Rejected. It is what it is man don’t stress too much

How do you get rejected straight away with 25+ pubs and those great stats? Cornell is a tough crowd
^^^ did u get any other interviews? How are your recs?
If you’re not from a top med school of MD PhD then count on similar results from Ivy League programs
Waitlisted here! Is that what you guys mean by rejection?? 270+ step1/2 and and AOA, top quartile etc and also 25+ pubs (not including posters/abstracts etc)
15 interview and still sour about that rejection.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)