Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this allowed?
https://linknotvalid

Seems a bit unfair that she went on 3 “home” sub-I’s at separate Mayo locations.
Unsubscribe!
While I understand that some might see that as “unfair”, it’s really not nice to call out one individual on A public forum like this. Whatever opportunities and experiences one specific candidate has gotten at the end of the day doesn’t affect our own application. At this point in time, just focus on yourself and move forward.
(10-23-2021, 11:44 AM)Guest Wrote: While I understand that some might see that as “unfair”, it’s really not nice to call out one individual on A public forum like this. Whatever opportunities and experiences one specific candidate has gotten at the end of the day doesn’t affect our own application. At this point in time, just focus on yourself and move forward.

Agreed. I was going to say the same thing.
Fwiw some medical schools also have month long third year neurosurgery electives that you can sign up for which can be strategically placed immediately before Subi season. The bottom line is you just got to play the cards that you were dealt. It probably gave her a little more practice for the barrow but the reality is she at least two of those rotations are unlikely to be viable choices for her depending on how strong an applicant she is.
I normally say stop whining. But this is actually ridiculous. And one of the concerns many had going into this season with SNS “guidelines” many institutions followed.. but many didn’t. The “home” institution thing was also manipulated by several applicants. I heard of applicants pulling something similar with the UTs.
People can say whatever they want about “stop whining”. This is bs and the applicant (and any other violators) should be punished for clearly and intentionally trying to circumvent the rules. If you’re going to be unethical/dishonest about things like this, how can you be trusted as a neurosurgery resident/attending? Like it or not, there are rules that everyone has to abide to when working in a hospital system and the few bad eggs that think they’re above the rules become a pain for everyone else to deal with.
(10-23-2021, 10:59 AM)Guest Wrote: https://linknotvalid

Seems a bit unfair that she went on 3 “home” sub-I’s at separate Mayo locations.
Can't blame a system that takes care of their students and wants them to succeed. Mayo allows thier students to travel in their system via observerships. She is always grinding and showing face in the nsgy communtiy. Seen her name multiple times over the last 2 years. Hate to say it but if you all wanted to be in a better position you should have went/worked towards better programs, plain and simple. Just focus on you and what you can control and move on.
(10-23-2021, 02:27 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 10:59 AM)Guest Wrote: https://linknotvalid

Can't blame a system that takes care of their students and wants them to succeed. Mayo allows thier students to travel in their system via observerships. She is always grinding and showing face in the nsgy communtiy. Seen her name multiple times over the last 2 years. Hate to say it but if you all wanted to be in a better position you should have went/worked towards better programs, plain and simple. Just focus on you and what you can control and move on.
 Lol. The idea that people that did one institution didn’t “work hard enough” is absurd. If you go to Hopkins/UCSF/WashU for Med school you didn’t work hard enough because your school isn’t a multi-State system that allows you to travel to 3 programs during a pandemic? Seriously. No logic in anything you said.
Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Focus on yourselves. She hasn’t taken anything from you.