Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Open Senior Position at Saint Louis University
Saint Louis University has an available senior residency position (PGY-5 or PGY-6) opening. 

Interested candidates should send the following information to virginia.wamser@health.slu.edu with the subject line of "2021 Senior Residency Application - LastName, FirstName".  

- A cover letter explaining your interest in this position and, if applicable, the reason for leaving your current residency program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Scores (Step 1, Step 2 CK & CS)
- Medical School Transcript and Diploma
- In-training exam results
- Foreign Medical Graduates: ECFMG Certification, visa status
why did your guy go to WashU
(11-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Guest Wrote: why did your guy go to WashU

Not sure if he made a wise decision though. He got downgraded a year and is taking primary calls again. I would not do that if I were a senior resident with only few years left for graduation
(11-24-2021, 06:19 AM)Guesttttttt Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Guest Wrote: why did your guy go to WashU

Not sure if he made a wise decision though. He got downgraded a year and is taking primary calls again. I would not do that if I were a senior resident with only few years left for graduation

Mustve been a real awful time at SLU if he decided he'd much better get reamed in the *ss like that
sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. good for him.
Maybe he was just too cocky and arrogant. Despite being a small program, SLU seems a great place to train.

Current MS4 @ SLU
Why did SLU let him leave?
(11-24-2021, 03:50 PM)Guest Wrote: Why did SLU let him leave?
A program cannot “make a resident stay” if he/she wants to leave and there is a spot for him/her somewhere else. It’s up to the receiving program to decide if they offer said resident a position or not. My guess is that SLU had no way to stop it.
(11-24-2021, 04:14 PM)Guest Wrote:
A program cannot “make a resident stay” if he/she wants to leave and there is a spot for him/her somewhere else. It’s up to the receiving program to decide if they offer said resident a position or not. My guess is that SLU had no way to stop it.

Exactly. It appears that SLU fully supported his decision for research at WashU. The guy established connections and he grabbed the spot when vacant. It sounds to me that he betrayed the trust of his own program. Any insiders info would be valuable.
(11-24-2021, 04:54 PM)Guest Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:14 PM)Guest Wrote:

Exactly. It appears that SLU fully supported his decision for research at WashU. The guy established connections and he grabbed the spot when vacant. It sounds to me that he betrayed the trust of his own program. Any insiders info would be valuable.

Just seems politically like a poor move overall.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)