Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayo Rochester
Has anyone who's done a sub-I here able to compare it to other sub-I's? What your experience has been, what you were looking for, how it matches up to your experience, etc.?
I would be interested in this question also.

Also, how does Mayo Rochester compare with Mayo AZ And Mayo FL? Mayo AZ is a newer program and the daughter of a Mayo Rochester neurosurgeon trains their. So I guess its good? Comparable to the main one?
info on mayo az, please
Mayo Florida and Mayo AZ are both solid programs on an upward trajectory
thank you. Is it true that Mayo cares less about medical school prestige, compared to other places?
I think it's more like who the fuck wants to live in Rochester, Jacksonville, or Phoenix?
Plenty of people. Rochester has great COL and small-town vibes, very attractive to families. Phoenix is one of the best places to live for about 8 months. Beautiful nature all around, and low COL for a huge city. Jacksonville - no clue really but probably still a better idea than the above poster
is it true that mayo is willing to take from shit-tier schools, if the applicant is top-notch?

i know that many top places automatically reject applicants from shit places. this is unfair, as med school admission is very much arbitrary.
sitting here from lower tier school with super high stats/research etc and only top school interview is Mayo so sort of feel like this could be true lol. Ultimately happy to match wherever though but definitely appreciate them giving us lower tier school kids a shot.
^^^ thats so unfair i can't understand why this is the case. on top of that, shit-tier schools have poor resources so we have to work extra hard.

they should not take school prestige into consideration as that has no bearing on quality. why is this done? why are they doing this???

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)