Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.22 Average
Women In Neurosurgery
Just a thread to see if there's anybody out there lurking. If you have questions, need some support or just want to vent, I hope this can be a space for us to do so. 

I'll also try to answer questions via PM if you want to avoid the trolls.
(05-25-2017, 05:45 PM)unicorn Wrote: Just a thread to see if there's anybody out there lurking. If you have questions, need some support or just want to vent, I hope this can be a space for us to do so. 

I'll also try to answer questions via PM if you want to avoid the trolls.

What are your thoughts on discrimination in the work place or when looking for jobs?
(05-25-2017, 07:05 PM)Guest Wrote: What are your thoughts on discrimination in the work place or when looking for jobs?

I've been fortunate and have not experienced anything blatant during my career so far. This obviously could differ depending on the program you're at, but from speaking with other women in the field, discrimination at work and during job search is less of a problem compared to years past.

There are still dinosaurs out there, of course. However, as more women enter into the field I think the culture will continue to evolve for the better.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)