Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Wash U STL malignant?
Wanted to ask for anyone who did a sub-I there. Had heard some things a few years ago about residents being very cutthroat with each other and fighting every day over who gets to scrub in the OR. Don't know if things have changed for the better since then, especially since they have a new PD.
Very malignant from what I hear. Not a good place for women or POC.
What exactly have you heard?
Heard the opposite from residents that I'm close with. They all seem to like it a lot, and operative volume seems high so not sure about infighting about scrubbing in. There's always the possibility that one class has several chiefs going into the same specialty, which can cause troubles, but that happens at every bigger program every now and then
(12-12-2021, 10:35 PM)Guest Wrote: Heard the opposite from residents that I'm close with. They all seem to like it a lot, and operative volume seems high so not sure about infighting about scrubbing in. There's always the possibility that one class has several chiefs going into the same specialty, which can cause troubles, but that happens at every bigger program every now and then

Stop in, Ryan
You should apparently stop it because it seems like you're one salty person who's picking on a resident on this entire forum which is pathetic

Man up, act like a grown-up and reach out to him or the program directly instead of hiding behind your screen and whining to random people
(12-13-2021, 01:42 AM)Guest Wrote: You should apparently stop it because it seems like you're one salty person who's picking on a resident on this entire forum which is pathetic

Man up, act like a grown-up and reach out to him or the program directly instead of hiding behind your screen and whining to random people

Ok Ryan
(12-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Very malignant from what I hear. Not a good place for women or POC.

Malignant place. Camaraderie is weak. Residents backstab each other. Few years ago a notorious attending and a senior resident were "seeing" the same NP... that resident almost didn't graduate (probably well deserved haha). Do not go if you are POC. Trying to fix that with new, more diverse faculty. Definitely a research powerhouse. Choose your priorities wisely. Hands down an outstanding program if you are a white boy.
(12-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Guest Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Guest Wrote: Very malignant from what I hear. Not a good place for women or POC.

Malignant place. Camaraderie is weak. Residents backstab each other. Few years ago a notorious attending and a senior resident were "seeing" the same NP... that resident almost didn't graduate (probably well deserved haha). Do not go if you are POC. Trying to fix that with new, more diverse faculty. Definitely a research powerhouse. Choose your priorities wisely. Hands down an outstanding program if you are a white boy.

What are the specific issues for POC?
(12-14-2021, 03:02 AM)Guest Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Guest Wrote:

What are the specific issues for POC?

Too much dairy and non-vegetarian options at resident get together. Tough for my lactose-intolerant kin

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)