Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter of recs question
been getting a lot of "you have great letters"...if you went to a home program than had 10-15 rotators/sub-I, do they all have great letter of recs? is there multiple people from the same institution that get the " top 1%" on the letter of recs. curious if any residents/faculty can comment on that.
(12-15-2021, 09:13 PM)Guest Wrote: been getting a lot of "you have great letters"...if you went to a home program than had 10-15 rotators/sub-I, do they all have great letter of recs? is there multiple people from the same institution that get the " top 1%" on the letter of recs. curious if any residents/faculty can comment on that.

Theres a publication from Vandy about this, like 60% of letters say an applicant is top 5%. Some subI letters all say top 1%. We’re aware of this, and we’re all getting used to this rubric. The solution is to compare letters by the same letter writer. The content matters much more to me. -Resident

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)