Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loma linda
what is going on?
https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/Progra...ramId=2857
crazy. interviewed there and it was nice. they said they would overcome this without issue. although the original reason why they were under acgme review was not really clear.
What happens to the people that matched there this year?
(05-29-2017, 06:54 PM)Guest Wrote: What happens to the people that matched there this year?

Better luck next year
Does this really surprise anyone. I mean seriously how long can you not have a chairman and be on probation before it catches up with you.
(05-29-2017, 07:20 PM)Guest Wrote: Ou
(05-29-2017, 06:54 PM)Guest Wrote: What happens to the people that matched there this year?

Better luck next year

No, I'm pretty sure they find spots elsewhere since they are already funded. It can be a good deal for many residents because they can essentially take their funding to other programs which is really attractive to most PDs.
My understanding is that 1) the receiving program still has to have an approved spot and 2) the 7 years don't come with them which is in part why they need a already approved spot.
(05-29-2017, 10:06 PM)Focus Wrote: My understanding is that 1) the receiving program still has to have an approved spot and 2) the 7 years don't come with them which is in part why they need a already approved spot.

so a program has to have an opening for the (llu) resident to transfer? they can't just go to any program?
I put in a request for clarification with the ACGME resident services section. I doubt they will actually respond, however, if they do, I will post the information here.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)