Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinai?
What's everyones take on Mt. Sinai in NYC as a training program? I know they're smaller, with a complement of about 2 residents a year. 

I assume call burden is going to suck majorly.
Idk but I’m ranking it #1 it seems dope
Lots of issues. It lives in the shadow of other NYC programs.
- Bederson has lots of issues. His wife (ex-wife maybe) still works at the department as an attending. He is rude and doesn't respect other people. He became a big fan of virtual reality over the last years but not a pleasant person to work with.
- Mocco was the program director for 3-4 years but the position was taken from him because he had poor leadership skills and was interviewing applicants in cabs because he was not dedicated. It's also a stepping stone for him before he returns to Columbia.
- Not the best work environment
- East Harlem SUCKS
As far as NYC programs go, is it NYU > Cornell > Sinai?
(12-24-2021, 05:39 PM)Guest Wrote: As far as NYC programs go, is it NYU > Cornell > Sinai?

Not really, any serious academic candidate is probably only looking at Cornell and Columbia given the two dedicated research years and alumni success for academic positions.
Thought it was a strong program clinically and the resident team was pleasant to work with.

Agreed mentoring/leadership isn’t really there and generally unapproachable in the case of the chair. Mocco is well connected so I guess that’ll get you a desirable fellowship especially in vascular.
CORNELL is the best program if you want to be an academic neurosurgeon.
(12-26-2021, 04:35 AM)Guest Wrote: CORNELL is the best program if you want to be an academic neurosurgeon.

Only a fool would say this.
East Harlem and Queens (Elmhurst) are both tough crowds
(12-24-2021, 02:28 PM)Guest Wrote: Lots of issues. It lives in the shadow of other NYC programs.
- Bederson has lots of issues. His wife (ex-wife maybe) still works at the department as an attending. He is rude and doesn't respect other people. He became a big fan of virtual reality over the last years but not a pleasant person to work with.
- Mocco was the program director for 3-4 years but the position was taken from him because he had poor leadership skills and was interviewing applicants in cabs because he was not dedicated. It's also a stepping stone for him before he returns to Columbia.
- Not the best work environment
- East Harlem SUCKS

Is this real? Can anyone else provide input?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)