Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Hated on my Surgical Residents
All the neurosurgery residents at my school were awesome and I had a blast on my rotation with an Honors.  

But....then I had to rotate on Urology, ENT, and Vascular.  The residents were cool with me the first few days and told me how good of a job I was doing in each case.  The very MOMENT they heard I wanted to do neurosurgery, BAM they did a 360.  Never before have I felt so uncomfortable.  Everything I did was critiqued.  They had me doing scut work, they only brought up minor things I was doing incorrect, and they consistently told me how much of a mistake I was making with neurosurgery.  Urology was the worst, those guys are Dickbags (literally).  I guess Vascular was the least obnoxious but man why so much hate.  I'm waiting for them to slander me on my reviews, I know my grade will suffer because especially from the ENT and Urology a-holes.  This is such garbage.
They are the gatekeepers to the Temple of Neurosurgery. AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!

Maybe don't disclose your affinity for neurosurgery next time? Perhaps they see you as the typical arrogant NS applicants hanging around these parts? Who knows? Man up, crush the scut work and move on with your life. Control what you can.
Yeah. Dont ever say u wanna do nsg. People immediatelu think ur a dick. And never say family either xuz ppl think ur stupid.
(06-08-2017, 11:36 AM)Guest Wrote: Yeah. Dont ever say u wanna do nsg. People immediatelu think ur a dick. And never say family either xuz ppl think ur stupid.

You know what else makes people think you are stupid? Spelling at a kindergarten level.
I think you mean 180, not 360
Does not add up. For all three programs to retaliate against an MS3 sub-i, because you are interested in NS, I think not. To them, in the course of their crazy life in the hospital, you are but another loiterer that they have to work around. Don't think so many people in your hospital care enough or are upset and vengeful of YOU for thinking about NS. May be its not the programs.
(06-23-2017, 08:25 AM)Guest Wrote: I think you mean 180, not 360

Thank god you were here to correct this individual. Otherwise, no one would have any idea what he meant. Kudos to you.
(06-24-2017, 07:44 PM)Thank god Wrote:

Thank god you were here to correct this individual. Otherwise, no one would have any idea what he meant. Kudos to you.

Hmm.  I interpreted it as a 360 eval where they pull reviews from everyone.  Maybe he meant 180 degree reverse course on their posture towards him.
(06-24-2017, 08:36 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 07:44 PM)Thank god Wrote:

Hmm.  I interpreted it as a 360 eval where they pull reviews from everyone.  Maybe he meant 180 degree reverse course on their posture towards him.

Because anyone in the world does 360 evals on a moment's notice like BAM.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)