Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canceling a SubI
I am thinking of canceling a SubI that I have in 6 weeks. Could I pretty much kiss my chances at interviewing there good bye if I do it?
There is a significant chance yes. Some programs care more than others
(06-11-2017, 12:36 PM)Focus Wrote: There is a significant chance yes. Some programs care more than others

It probably just boils down to how interested you are in the original program. 

Do you want to cancel because you got an offer for sub-I at a program you're more interested in? If you're considering canceling, are you really that interested in the program?  I'd say drawing negative attention to yourself during this whole process generally does more harm than positive attention does good, but if you do cancel and you're not offered an interview, are you (or the program) really losing out then? At the very least, cancelling now might still mean there's a chance the program could offer your spot to someone else.  

This is just me speaking for me and not even necessarily for my program, so just something to consider.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)