Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year-out Research Fellowships for Medical Students
Compared to ENT, plastics and ortho it seems impossible to find official research fellowships for medical students interested in neurosurgery. Students who have taken gap years, how did you go about finding these positions. Any help would be much appreciated ?
What kind of research skills do you have. Most of these positions are looking for database management and statistics fluency.
Basic science and some clinical research. Minimal stats fluency
Private fellowships not aimed to neurosurgery only, my year was funded by a foundation. There are also a couple Neuro geared ones like ABTA

Also inquire with your med school about intramural funding. 25% of my class takes a gap year, and majority are funded fully by our school. Very small percent do extramural stuff.
(02-09-2022, 11:56 PM)Guest Wrote: Private fellowships not aimed to neurosurgery only, my year was funded by a foundation. There are also a couple Neuro geared ones like ABTA

Also inquire with your med school about intramural funding. 25% of my class takes a gap year, and majority are funded fully by our school. Very small percent do extramural stuff.

Care to further elaborate on how you obtained private fellowships ?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)