Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERAS Experiences Reporting
I have several Digital posters from AANS and CNS. I am looking at ERAS and am unclear where to report these. The only category that seems to make since is "Poster Presentations" but since they were digital this may seem like I am embellishing my work. Otherwise I could put under "other article" but then this does not give one the opportunity to put the conference it was submitted at. Any suggestions?
Digital posters goes under poster presentations.
What if they are for CNS 2017? Thats in October

Do people actually put their Grand Rounds presentations on Sub Is in the oral presentations section of ERAS? Seems redundant to me, no?
(09-11-2017, 12:54 PM)Guest Wrote: What if they are for CNS 2017? Thats in October

Do people actually put their Grand Rounds presentations on Sub Is in the oral presentations section of ERAS? Seems redundant to me, no?

id vote yes for the upcoming CNS meeting. You'll have presented it by the time interviews roll around and will presumably be confident talking about it during the interview

Regarding grand rounds, it probably varies. Don't put 3-4 separate entries for the same talk u gave 3-4 times on each Sub-I. If it's on the research you performed and you prepared a lengthy PPT, gave a nice presentation, answered questions etc... I'd think it's acceptable. 

^^my opinion though, take w/ grain of salt
lol, do not add grand rounds presentations... that just looks desperate
we were told by PD's to add our grand rounds presentations.
if everyone else is doing it, then why not
(09-12-2017, 06:59 PM)Guest Wrote: we were told by PD's to add our grand rounds presentations.

Lets just flip a coin
(09-12-2017, 06:59 PM)Guest Wrote: we were told by PD's to add our grand rounds presentations.

it waters down the rest of your application. only add it if you have no other oral/poster/paper
APD here: would not put grand rounds talks on ERAS. They are probably on about 30% of apps but it does smack of embellishment and is ignored at my program. I assume this is part of a med school rotation, nothing more.
(09-12-2017, 09:41 PM)Guest Wrote: APD here: would not put grand rounds talks on ERAS. They are probably on about 30% of apps but it does smack of embellishment and is ignored at my program. I assume this is part of a med school rotation, nothing more.

Would not have guessed, thanks. Good to know.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)