Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rental Car vs. Uber
Anyone thinking about just ubering to their hospital site every morning during sub-I's? My thoughts are that public transportation won't be running that early in the morning. I'd walk if I happen to be close enough, but safety could be a concern. Then a rental car for a month + gas + parking is ~$1500 based off rudimentary estimates. No way I can do that for multiple aways let alone one month. So it seems like Uber is the way to go. Anyone else have thoughts?
i have a similar dilemma. Luckily ill only need a rental car/uber for one away though.

In my case, ill probably end up with a rental car because of peace of mind and the fact that i'm in a smaller city so uber might not be readily available that early.

For those that rented cars on subIs, did you buy rental insurance through the rental company or did your credit card include rental insurance?
I did an away at Miami, and Uber worked out pretty well for me there. Like you said, renting a car + all the other stuff can get crazy expensive, with UberPool I came way below what I would've spent on renting a car. May not work in every city though.
Just buy a car, sell it at the end of the month.
How far is the commute? During one of my sub Is, I borrowed a bicycle from one of my friends for the month. I lived ~4-5 miles away and just biked back and forth. It was the only exercise I got all month. I'm sure it'll be real easy to either rent a bicycle or just buy one and sell it at the end of the month.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)