Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 bottom 3
Now that rank lists are in, curious to see folks top and bottom three this cycle
(03-05-2022, 11:40 AM)Guest Wrote: Now that rank lists are in, curious to see folks top and bottom three this cycle

Top: mayo, penn, brigham. All seem to be top tier in terms of case volume/diversity while also having great opportunities in research and career development 

Bottom: Rutgers (scandal), UIC (on probation), LSU-NO (sketchy as fuck interview)
25 interviews total, didn't have any interviews at crappy programs, so can only speak in a relative sense of what I experienced

top 3: UCSF, Penn, NYU. Felt like these were the most balanced and have the best trajectory over the next 10 years

bottom 3: UW, UChicago, Georgetown. Red flags and toxic
(03-05-2022, 12:50 PM)Guest Wrote: 25 interviews total, didn't have any interviews at crappy programs, so can only speak in a relative sense of what I experienced

top 3: UCSF, Penn, NYU. Felt like these were the most balanced and have the best trajectory over the next 10 years

Lol at UCSF having a good trajectory. One of the worst trajectories of the ‘top’ programs, and I hear the residents feel like they’re in hell. I interviewed at 30+ programs and it was in my bottom 3.
(03-05-2022, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 12:50 PM)Guest Wrote: 25 interviews total, didn't have any interviews at crappy programs, so can only speak in a relative sense of what I experienced

Lol at UCSF having a good trajectory. One of the worst trajectories of the ‘top’ programs, and I hear the residents feel like they’re in hell. I interviewed at 30+ programs and it was in my bottom 3.

But this will chang now that Eddie Chang is at the helm. 
He is on the board of neuralink.
Upward upward and upward. 

Not sure what’s wrong with UofC. Seems unfixable.
(03-05-2022, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote: Lol at UCSF having a good trajectory. One of the worst trajectories of the ‘top’ programs, and I hear the residents feel like they’re in hell. I interviewed at 30+ programs and it was in my bottom 3.

Last five years they lost Lawton, Larson, McDermott and Berger. Meanwhile, Ames and Mummaneni are openly interviewing for chair positions. That leaves Chang, Starr, and Manley. The last two might also be looking for the door. Impossible to construe that as anything but a downward trajectory.
(03-05-2022, 05:19 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 03:15 PM)Guest Wrote:

But this will chang now that Eddie Chang is at the helm. 
He is on the board of neuralink.
Upward upward and upward. 

Haha no. Eddie is definitely better than Berger, but 1) Berger is still around and scaring the shit out of people, and 2) Eddie was bred by UCSF and has been drinking the Kool Aid since he was a med student. Things won’t change very much, certainly not in the next 7 years.

The toxicity at UCSF will long outlive it’s reign as an academic powerhouse.
…let’s not derail the thread

Top : Wake, Jeff, Buffalo
Bottom: Rutgers, UAB, Geisenger
(03-05-2022, 07:26 PM)Guest Wrote: …let’s not derail the thread

…how is a conversation about whether or not a top program is going town the tubes off-topic in a thread about top and bottom programs?

Shut your mouth.
(03-05-2022, 08:14 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 07:26 PM)Guest Wrote: …let’s not derail the thread

…how is a conversation about whether or not a top program is going town the tubes off-topic in a thread about top and bottom programs?

Shut your mouth.

Please tell us more. Why buffalo and wake so high?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)