Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intern Year
Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this.

How should I prepare for intern year? I feel like I know absolutely nothing. Like maybe on par with my pre-med school self.

Disregard, this was just posted lol my bad
Lift weights
As other threads have noted regarding this exact topic (search function is ur friend), u should read Rhotons and Greenberg at the very leaat
Learn bread and butter Neurorads.. super frustrating when the interns don’t know what pathologies/sequences to send
lol don't listen to these guys - go enjoy yourself, it's the last break you're going to get. If you can finish step 3 great (worst decision I made was wait to finish it). you have 7 years to learn nsgy and you will learn it don't worry

i had the same question you had when I matched and all the residents at my program called me then said don't pick up a book go enjoy your life for once- happy I listened
Don't do step 3, you actually don't have to study for it to pass and just going through the floor management part of intern year trains you more than enough for it. All you need is a couple days before to go through the First Aid to familiarize yourself with the format.

I know everyone says don't pick up a book but I also had a hard time not doing it. Don't do it because you feel obligated to or treat it like you're studying, but I would relax at a coffee shop with a neurosurgery book/paper every now and then before starting. Personally, the CNS has a good intern primer series of papers for each topic, it's very basic but a good foundation. I also found the top 100 papers in neurosurgery book to be great. It gives you an idea of the trials that shaped neurosurgery, and it's always impressive when an intern is able to cite the RCT that is behind each decision they make.
apologies but i was having hard time finding the “top 100 papers” book u mentioned. is this the one from cns titled “essential papers in neurosurgery”?
(03-26-2022, 05:12 PM)Guest Wrote: apologies but i was having hard time finding the “top 100 papers” book u mentioned. is this the one  from cns titled “essential papers in neurosurgery”?

yes that one

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)