Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
importance of research
Long history of interest and passion in neuro, and shadowing experience in neurosurgery since high school. But lacking research in the field as I am just reconsidering it after exploring other specialties in early years of med school. Do I even have a shot?
passion for neuro... explored other fields... no research... Can I match?

The answer is no. unless you take a research year
This has been discussed endlessly in this forum…but the short answer is as long as u have excellent step scores, grades, and AOA hugely helps, then yes, of course U have a shot. And before u start posting ur stats, please don’t, if ur not smart enough to know if ur scores are competitive or not, then u don’t belong in this field.

The clowns on this website seem to think research is the single most important detail on an app, when the truth is it’s scarcely middle ground in terms of matching importance
(04-16-2022, 05:34 PM)Guest Wrote: This has been discussed endlessly in this forum…but the short answer is as long as u have excellent step scores, grades, and AOA hugely helps, then yes, of course U have a shot. And before u start posting ur stats, please don’t, if ur not smart enough to know if ur scores are competitive or not, then u don’t belong in this field.

The clowns on this website seem to think research is the single most important detail on an app, when the truth is it’s scarcely middle ground in terms of matching importance

I hope to agree with you. I do have 260+ step, all honors and my med school doesnt have AOA (top5 us news ranking).
(04-16-2022, 09:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 05:34 PM)Guest Wrote: This has been discussed endlessly in this forum…but the short answer is as long as u have excellent step scores, grades, and AOA hugely helps, then yes, of course U have a shot. And before u start posting ur stats, please don’t, if ur not smart enough to know if ur scores are competitive or not, then u don’t belong in this field.

I hope to agree with you. I do have 260+ step, all honors and my med school doesnt have AOA (top5 us news ranking).

He said to not post your stats, can't u fucking read?
(04-17-2022, 02:24 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:53 PM)Guest Wrote:

He said to not post your stats, can't u fucking read?

Chill bruh. Whether you are a med student or a resident, feel bad for the program to have a fucktard like u. and the patients you will be taking care of. Was it that necessary to swear bro?  FYI: im a pgy2 at T10 neurosurgery program.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)