Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching from rads into NSGY
Current M4 post-match. Was set on NSGY in med school. Decided that the commitment may be too much. Having second thoughts post match- NSGY is really the only field that gets me excited about medicine. What are the chances of getting a spot at this point?
BobertSpatzler we know it's you -- get off this site, you've had a great career but you've now retired, go enjoy your twilight years
(04-22-2022, 07:21 PM)BobertSpatzler Wrote: Current M4 post-match. Was set on NSGY in med school. Decided that the commitment may be too much. Having second thoughts post match- NSGY is really the only field that gets me excited about medicine. What are the chances of getting a spot at this point?

Almost Zero. You can maybe try towards end of 2022-2023 academic year when interns wash out or try reentering the match though I think you agree to abide by the match results when you submit your app.
(04-22-2022, 07:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 07:21 PM)BobertSpatzler Wrote: Current M4 post-match. Was set on NSGY in med school. Decided that the commitment may be too much. Having second thoughts post match- NSGY is really the only field that gets me excited about medicine. What are the chances of getting a spot at this point?

Almost Zero. You can maybe try towards end of 2022-2023 academic year when interns wash out or try reentering the match though I think you agree to abide by the match results when you submit your app.

I meant in terms of switching post-intern year.
Still almost zero. Your internship will need to be repeated
everyone is so mean
(04-24-2022, 01:27 AM)Guest Wrote: everyone is so mean

Would presume OP wants honesty vs a “you can do whatever you want so long as you put your mind to it” bs response. Neurosurgery is a field where your best shot is your m4 application and it’s hard to match then. It’s extremely difficult to match as a PGY1 in a non neurosurgery specialty.
You have reached a special point of moral decay when you misinterpret nonjudgmental, honest answers that highlight the challenge of the proposed course as meanness.
(04-24-2022, 06:38 AM)Guest Wrote:

Would presume OP wants honesty vs a “you can do whatever you want so long as you put your mind to it” bs response. Neurosurgery is a field where your best shot is your m4 application and it’s hard to match then. It’s extremely difficult to match as a PGY1 in a non neurosurgery specialty.

So what happens if you don't match? Just give up?
(04-24-2022, 03:36 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 06:38 AM)Guest Wrote:

So what happens if you don't match? Just give up?

Much worse things to be in this world than a doctor

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)