Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open PGY-3 spot
my program may have an opening but you have to clarify social issues.
I am going to be a hundred percent honest, there were many open vacancies this year including PGY3. You need to reflect on your situation and speak with trusted mentors because it is highly doubtful your program is truly backing you and it is likely because of your “social issues” and your performance as a resident. Residency starts for our interns in two days and if your PD and chairman couldn’t help you by now, or a single other faculty couldn’t connect you somewhere across the country, it’s not that they cannot, they aren’t willing to go to bat for you.
Why did the OSU guy leave for Northwestern?
(06-30-2022, 09:07 AM)Guest Wrote: Why did the OSU guy leave for Northwestern?

Also curious… seems like a (slight) downgrade. Also who left NM?
(06-30-2022, 07:37 PM)Guest Wrote:

NM as a slight downgrade to OSU?? ROFL now I've seen it all on this site
(06-29-2022, 10:45 PM)Guest Wrote: I am going to be a hundred percent honest, there were many open vacancies this year including PGY3. You need to reflect on your situation and speak with trusted mentors because it is highly doubtful your program is truly backing you and it is likely because of your “social issues” and your performance as a resident. Residency starts for our interns in two days and if your PD and chairman couldn’t help you by now, or a single other faculty couldn’t connect you somewhere across the country, it’s not that they cannot, they aren’t willing to go to bat for you.

why were their so many vacancies? are residents being fired left and right? or are they quitting?
(06-30-2022, 08:38 PM)Guest Wrote:

OSU is an objectively better program than NW. Skull base by far, and NW doesn't even have the best spine or vascular programs in their own city. Only thing NW is better at is glioma research.
(06-30-2022, 09:06 PM)Guest Wrote:

OSU is an objectively better program than NW. Skull base by far, and NW doesn't even have the best spine or vascular programs in their own city. Only thing NW is better at is glioma research.

Bingo
(06-30-2022, 09:06 PM)Guest Wrote:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Both put out fine physicians. It’s more about the fit for your career desires if you are choosing between the two.
(06-29-2022, 10:28 PM)Guest Wrote: my program may have an opening but you have to clarify social issues.

Can you DM me with info about your program opening?

Thanks.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)