Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTSW Opening
(06-17-2022, 04:44 PM)Guest Wrote: just imagine writing a book called "Surviving Neurosurgery," advertising it all over social media with your name, and then dropping out in your first year of residency.

What a humiliation. What a shame. If the farther is alive, I feel sorry for him. What a disgrace.

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. The book is a collection of essays written by veteran neurosurgeons in the field - not his own anecdotal account of “surviving neurosurgery”.

(06-17-2022, 06:17 PM)Guest Wrote: Can we just let the actual neurosurgeons write the neurosurgery books and not random med students and PGY1s??? It discredits the field that almost all of the journal articles and books are by non-neurosurgeons.

That’s literally who the book is written by. It’s a collection of essays written by prevalent neurosurgeons. Again, look into things before you post about them. It makes you look smarter
How can the position be filled? UTSW hasn’t advertised this at all.
Also, how come he keeps on hawking the book on his twitter account? How come he doesn't feel embarrassed? Honestly, I'd feel embarrassed.
Yeah you should feel embarrassed about the real estate he has in your head. Move on.
(06-20-2022, 12:45 AM)Guest Wrote: Also, how come he keeps on hawking the book on his twitter account? How come he doesn't feel embarrassed? Honestly, I'd feel embarrassed.

Honestly, you‘re the biggest loser in this thread. To feel so insecure must be painful
Wash U lost a PGY-1
(06-21-2022, 08:19 AM)Guest Wrote: Wash U lost a PGY-1

I saw that too. I wonder how toxic the program must have been to push out someone so competent. The dude had >100 pubs, solid boards, and was a rockstar by all at his medical school.

I heard things about WashU being toxic but this might be exhibit A.
Where did you see this
(06-21-2022, 05:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Where did you see this

He just posted a tweet about starting EM residency at a UPMC associated program
(06-21-2022, 04:47 PM)Guest Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 08:19 AM)Guest Wrote: Wash U lost a PGY-1

I saw that too. I wonder how toxic the program must have been to push out someone so competent. The dude had >100 pubs, solid boards, and was a rockstar by all at his medical school.

I heard things about WashU being toxic but this might be exhibit A.

how do you know he was pushed out? Maybe he just quit like the UTSW guy? 

I read about a guy (on sdn) who was an ENT resident at a well-respected place. But then the program started to file false charges against him and he was fired. after like 2 years he got i think a FM residency position. He was a family man--had 3 kids i think and a wife whom they married like in college. not sure why they did this to him.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)