Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NSGY CHARTING OUTCOMES 2020
How is the averge pubs 26 and the average step 2 score 255 ? If this is average, are all applicants at USC, UW, UPitt, UCSF 275+ rockstars with 100+ pubs ?
Also why so few matched individuals with AOA ? 

Also, how are 60+ USMD going unmatched ? I don't want this to come off wrong but us grads should be priority. They can't just go somewhere else and train to become a neurosurgeon while having 500K+ in debt

What are your thoughts ?
(07-16-2022, 09:31 PM)Guest Wrote: How is the averge pubs 26 and the average step 2 score 255 ? If this is average, are all applicants at USC, UW, UPitt, UCSF 275+ rockstars with 100+ pubs ?

Also, how are 60+ USMD going unmatched ? I don't want this to come off wrong but us grads should be priority. They can't just go somewhere else and train to become a neurosurgeon while having 500K+ in debt

What are your thoughts ?

not 26 pubs, more like 26 posters/abstracts/oral presentations/other crap + actual pubs. There's a publication somewhere showing matched NSGY applicants last year had closer to 5-6 actual publications (median), with around half being in NSGY. some do legitimately have 20+ quality publications.
(07-17-2022, 02:14 AM)Guest Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 09:31 PM)Guest Wrote: How is the averge pubs 26 and the average step 2 score 255 ? If this is average, are all applicants at USC, UW, UPitt, UCSF 275+ rockstars with 100+ pubs ?

What are your thoughts ?
not 26 pubs, more like 26 posters/abstracts/oral presentations/other crap + actual pubs. There's a publication somewhere showing matched NSGY applicants last year had closer to 5-6 actual publications (median), with around half being in NSGY. some do legitimately have 20+ quality publications.

This should be the article: https://doi.org/10.3171/2019.8.JNS191256
how many international grads matched? I know that biden is loosing up immigration, so I'm sure that is paying a big role. International grads don't complain and are willing to work 100+ hours. Probably smarter too.
(07-17-2022, 03:28 PM)Guest Wrote: how many international grads matched? I know that biden is loosing up immigration, so I'm sure that is paying a big role. International grads don't complain and are willing to work 100+ hours. Probably smarter too.

Some IMGs complain, bitch about work hours, and have shit for brains, just like some US Seniors. Laziness knows no borders.
(07-17-2022, 03:28 PM)Guest Wrote: how many international grads matched? I know that biden is loosing up immigration, so I'm sure that is paying a big role. International grads don't complain and are willing to work 100+ hours. Probably smarter too.

You must have never worked at a hospital over seas. They think we're insane for how hard we work.
(07-17-2022, 06:05 PM)Guest Wrote:

You must have never worked at a hospital over seas. They think we're insane for how hard we work.

France and India are two very different places.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)