Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the highest board score you've ever seen/heard ?
Interviewers, residents, and medical school students , what is the highest score you have ever seen?

I know of an IMG (matched at a top3 program) with double 265+. I think that is the highest I have ever seen/heard. 

Of course, now it is less relevant with P/F boards
272, although too high and I wanna be extra sure you’re not on the spectrum.

Won’t matter soon, guy who would have scores 205 and guy who would have scores 260 will both have a “PASS”

Take Step 2 in time for apps folks
Definitely seen 270s may have seen a 283. It stops being proportionally more impressive after 260 so it's a bit hard to keep track of
Anyone actually impressed with FMGs who get high scores? They’ve finished med school so they have more clinical knowledge coming into the exams and have much more time to study compared to US applicants.
(08-11-2022, 11:09 AM)Guest Wrote: Anyone actually impressed with FMGs who get high scores? They’ve finished med school so they have more clinical knowledge coming into the exams and have much more time to study compared to US applicants.

I am impressed, but I also know for many, scoring well is a linear function of time put in. I've seen the IMG forums where applicants spend a straight year memorizing FirstAid and doing every question out there.

What I am worried about is time since clinical experience, skill in caring for patients, speaking effectively with patients.
It always fascinates me how different educational systems promote and reward different skills. I knew a fmg who got a perfect score on the MCAT, super high boards score, etc and who could basically quote JNS verbatim but then would have a panic attack over things like which shunt valve type to put in as a junior attending. He was a good technical surgeon too.
(08-11-2022, 12:43 PM)Focus Wrote: It always fascinates me how different educational systems promote and reward different skills. I knew a fmg who got a perfect score on the MCAT, super high boards score, etc  and who could basically quote JNS verbatim but then would have a panic attack over things like which shunt valve type to put in as a junior attending. He was a good technical surgeon too.

Interesting, did he gain more confidence with time?
A smart friend of mine told me they got a 274, thats the highest i've heard of.

The highest i've seen while reviewing apps has been 270.
I saw a guy with 277. Well rounded too
(08-11-2022, 07:17 PM)Guest Wrote: I saw a guy with 277. Well rounded too

I know 2 individuals at the top 5 programs (UCSF, BNI, Mayo, MGH, UPitt) with 275-279. Well-rounded as well. 

Some people are just machines

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)