Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which programs require step2ck?
I have a scored step 1 and my med school advised me that I did not have to take step 2CK before submitting ERAS. Are there any programs that will explicitly not interview someone without a step 2? How can I find this information? Haven’t seen it explicitly stated on any program websites.
Resident here who reviews apps. I have not heard of such a thing. Only advice I’ve heard at multiple places via contacts is if you have a pass on Step 1, take Step 2 CK in time for ERAS. You will be fine, as applicants with Step 1 complete only have been interviewed for decades.
Traditionally, if you did had a good step 1 then it was reasonable not to risk getting a bad step 2 ck score. There were at that time a very small number of programs that required CK, UCSF is the only one that I can recall. Maybe also UW. In this current era, I imagine at some point many programs may require step 2 ck due to a lack of scored step 1s, but at the moment I think things are still in flux. If your step 1 score is really good I would run with it. If not so good, then I would try to compensate with a step 2 score.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)