Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Sinai
Thoughts on Mount Sinai?
J Mocco is the GOAT!
Seems to be a great example of a program where you set your own limits. As a resident at another program in nyc, I can say pretty confidently that sinai has outstanding residents and they have average residents. They may not have the greatest reputation of programs in nyc (just w/ respect to "academic caliber" or whatever, i dont really think anyone thinks there's an issue over there), but i get the sense that the sky is the limit for engaged and active residents. Plenty of competition in nyc for tumors and spine, but their vascular program is top notch. All in all, solid program in a great city, definitely check it out, see what you think for yourself.
Seemed cool but all the time at Elmhurst (in Queens, constant call, pour resources) seemed pretty shitty
Sinai is a dumpster fire. Can’t make any good new hires, losing the better attendings (hadjipanayis recently, caridi a few years back)
I think Moutn Sinai is good place for training. Juniors look like they have more time in the OR since the beginning of their training, maybe due to their pre residency fellowship program and good PA support. Maybe they lack some freedom in terms of independence on taking clinical decision, not sure if related to the liability related to law suits and crap. Overall looks like a good place for residency
Decent program, decent people, room for growth
any other thoughts
Quote:any other thoughts

Poop program. Mt. Saini has like 10 chairs, one for every building.
I've got 4 chairs in my kitchen. Big deal.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)